Sunday 18 May 2014

I can't see a thing !!

Important advice.
I keep forgetting to advise all travellers that Deet (mosquito spray) and glasses with an anti scratch film do not go together.
On the 3rd day of this trip I thought I had completely overdone the giggle juice. I put my brand new glasses on after dinner and could not focus on anything.
Tried cleaning the glasses with everything available, no improvement.
On closer inspection we could see that the anti scratch film had crinkled rendering the glasses useless.
I had covered myself in anti mosquito spray, then picked my glasses up and put them in my pocket. I had the spray on my hands and that got onto the lenses.
Moral of this story is keep any mosquito spray containing deet away from glasses with any sort of protective film on them. Any contact will ruin them.
Luckily I had packed a spare pair and could carry on seeing all the amazing sights Southern Africa has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment